Welcome to the homepage of the Chief Secretary for Administration’s Office.
Under the leadership of the Chief Executive, the current-term Government will fully and faithfully implement “one country, two systems”, “Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong” and a high degree of autonomy strictly in accordance with the Basic Law in the next five years. We are committed to improving people’s livelihood, alleviating hardship and fostering upward social mobility in a more innovative, interactive and collaborative manner, with a view to developing Hong Kong into a harmonious, caring, inclusive, liveable, vibrant and prosperous Asia’s World City.
As the Chief Secretary for Administration, I will do my very best to safeguard the core values of Hong Kong and adopt a proactive approach to improve the relationship between the executive authorities and the Legislative Council. I will also take the initiative to care and listen more, act more proactively to respond to the aspirations and needs of the community, and promote the following policy objectives:
- To improve people’s livelihood, enhancing community facilities, alleviating the livelihood burden on members of the public, strengthening poverty alleviation, elderly care and support for the disadvantaged, and providing better services for public.
- To promote manpower development and upward social mobility, and enhance the professionalism and recognition of the practitioners in various sectors.
- To promote youth development, assist young people to tackle difficulties in education, career development and home ownership, encourage dialogue with them and provide more opportunities for them to discuss policies and participate in politics.
- To boost civil servants’ morale to enhance quality of public services, including reviewing administrative procedures, and striving to streamline procedures and delegate powers.
- To strengthen efforts to promote the principle of “one country, two systems” and the Basic Law, with a view to enabling the public to gain a comprehensive understanding of the complete concept of “one country, two systems”.
Furthermore, I will strengthen the co-ordination of cross-bureau and cross-departmental policies to enhance efficiency in governance. I will also continue to explore further room for development for Hong Kong, seize new opportunities, foster exchanges and co-operation with the Mainland, and forge closer international connections. These include facilitating the development of the Belt and Road initiative, deepening Guangdong-Hong Kong co-operation and promoting the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area, with a view to enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness and broadening employment prospects of Hong Kong’s talents in the long term.
I look forward to your views and suggestions on my work. You are most welcome to communicate with me by email or other channels. Thank you.
Matthew Cheung Kin-chung
Chief Secretary for Administration